Everyone wants to make their device faster, of course. By making your device feel faster, it also seems more responsive. You can do this by adjusting the animation speed and in this tip, you can read how to arrange that.
Speed up phone: Speed up animations
Your device is becoming a bit slower, you’ve already deleted all kinds of unnecessary apps and files, but it can still feel a bit faster. You can arrange this simply and quickly by adjusting the speed of the animations.
Secretly, the device does not really become smoother, but it does feel that way. You do this via the ‘developer options’, which you must first enable. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Grab your device and open the settings;
- Scroll down and tap ‘About this phone;
- Then tap ‘Build number’ seven times;
- Enter the PIN code of your smartphone.
As you tap seven times, you’ll see a notification telling you how many more times you have to do that. Finished?
Then you will see a notification that the developer options have been activated. Then you still have to work to activate the accelerated animations. Grab your phone again and follow these steps:
- Open the settings on your device;
- Scroll to ‘System‘ and tap ‘Developer options;
- In the search bar, enter ‘Drawing’ and press search;
- Scroll to ‘Window animation scale and select ‘0.5x’ there;
- You also set this in ‘Transition animation scale and ‘Duration of animation scale’;
- Close the settings menu and discover how much faster your device feels.
Please note that you can set much more in the ‘developer options’ menu, but you must have knowledge of this.
Afraid to adjust something wrong or do you want to undo previous adjustments? Then turn them off again. You do this by turning off the button at the top right of the main menu.
You can also improve the speed of the device
In addition to the above steps, there are of course many options to improve the speed of your device. We give you even more tips in the video below.