Are you ready to switch to fiber optic? But have you been using an email address from your old provider for years? You can easily create a new email address and transfer your old email. How do you do that and what should you take into account? You can read it here.
After switching, you will still have access to your old email address for six months.
Are you planning to switch to Odido Fiber Optic? But you are still using an email address from your old provider?
After the switch, you will still have access to your old email address for six months. This has been determined by the central government.
This way you have six months to inform all your contacts of your new email address. With these steps, you can create a new email address, forward your old email, and set up an automatic email.
Create a new email address.
You first create a new email address. Creating such an email is free. Anyone can do it. Gmail, Outlook, and iCloud are 3 popular free services for your email address.
Create email Gmail.
- Go to Gmail.
- Choose Create account.
- Enter your first name. Your last name is optional.
- Enter your date of birth and gender.
- Then choose your username. That will soon be your [email protected].
- Then choose your password and repeat it.
- Then enter your telephone number. The number is used for confirmation and two-step verification. After completing the form, you will receive a code on your phone and you enter it.
- You can then optionally create a 2nd email address.
- Go through the final steps and click I agree.
- Your Gmail email has now been created.
Create Outlook email.
- Go to login.live.com.
- Click on No account. Create one.
- Now choose Create new email address.
- Choose your New email and then @ outlook.com.
- Then create a password.
- Choose your first and last name.
- Then enter your date of birth.
- Complete the last step and your email address has been created.
Create an iCloud email.
You can also create an iCloud email address. In our blog about iCloud Mail, you can read exactly what you can do to create and use an iCloud email address.
Automatically forward email.
When you switch to Fiber Optic from Odido, you will still have access to your old email address for six months.
But you don’t have to log in all the time. You can forward your old emails to your new email address. And you can answer messages from the new email address.
You can often forward your email in the webmail environment of your old email address. There you will find a choice in the settings to forward email automatically. Go there and enter your new email address.
Also useful: set up an automatic email. Does someone email you at your old email address? You send an automatic email back. Please mention that you have a new email address. This way, others know where you can be reached from now on.
Advantages of switching to Fiber Optic from Odido.
You will not immediately lose your old email address when switching to Fiber Optic from Odido. Creating a new email address is easy. And then you have these benefits:
- You pay €30 per month for the first 6 months*.
- Do you have an Odido telephone subscription? You get extra benefits every month.
- Switch worry-free with the Switching Service.
*Depending on the type of (fiber optic) connection in your zip code. Possibly €30 activation and €37.50 installation costs. The offer is in combination with a 1-year internet subscription. After the first 6 months, you pay at least €35 per month (for 100 Mbit/s). View your offer in the zip code check.