Tired of all those random shots of people you receive on Snapchat? Or do you just want to create a new account? Then you can delete your Snapchat account. Goes very easy. Check out how below!
How do you delete your Snapchat account?
How to permanently delete your Snapchat account:
Delete Snapchat on your iPhone
- Tap the “Settings” button in your profile.
- Scroll to ‘Account Actions’.
- Tap ‘Delete account’.
- Follow the steps and tada, your account is gone!
Delete Snapchat on Android
- Go to the account portal in your browser.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Follow the steps to delete your account.
Good to know: this way you can also deactivate your Snapchat. Your account is not immediately 100% gone.
You can activate it again within 30 days. Handy if you do regret it. You can do this simply by logging back into your account. Easy-peasy!
Uninstall the Snapchat app
Do you think deleting Snapchat is just a bit too, but do you want to cut down on it? Then you can also temporarily remove the app itself.
At least then you will no longer see it and you will no longer receive notifications. This is how you fix it!
Delete Snapchat app on your iPhone
- Hold your finger on the Snapchat icon until the menu appears.
- Tap ‘Delete app’.
- Choose ‘Remove app’ if you want to permanently remove the app or ‘Remove from home screen’ if you only want to remove the app from your home screen.
- Click ‘Delete’ one more time to confirm.
Uninstall Snapchat app on Android
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Manage apps and devices’ and tap ‘Manage’.
- Tap Snapchat.
- Tap ‘Delete’.
Uninstall more apps
Do you want to schedule an entire social media detox for yourself? For example, if you go on a vacation? Then you can also uninstall TikTok.
Because before you know it you’ll be scrolling through your FYP for hours. Also chill: Do Not Disturb your iPhone. Say goodbye to all those notifications.