Spotify is a popular music streaming service. With the app you can play all your favorite songs on your smartphone. This is done via mobile internet or WiFi, whatever your phone is connected to. But did you know that you can also use Spotify offline? This way you save data and you don’t need a larger bundle for you. I’ll tell you what you need to listen to music offline and how to set it up exactly.
How can you use Spotify offline?
Why take a large bundle when it can also be smaller? If you use a lot of data with streaming, it can also be done smarter. If you use Spotify offline, you can listen to music without using any data.
Whether you have a Samsung phone or an apple phone, you can set in Android and iOS that you can continue to use Spotify when you are offline. You can then only listen to music that is stored offline. This is how you do this:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Go to ‘Mobile network’.
- Scroll through to Spotify.
- Slide the slider from right to left and you can use Spotify offline on an iPhone.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Press the ‘Connections’ option.
- Go to ‘Data usage’.
- Press ‘Use mobile data’.
- Scroll to the Spotify app.
- Slide the slider from right to left at ‘Allow background data usage’ and you can use Spotify offline on an Android phone.
Where is your offline music stored in Spotify?
You can recognize music and podcasts stored in Spotify by the green download icon. Do you want to quickly and easily only see the files that you have saved offline?
Go to your Spotify Library and press ‘Downloaded’. You will now only see music stored offline.
You will only see your offline music automatically if your phone is offline. For example, if you have turned on airplane mode.
What can you save offline with Spotify?
Not only can you save your favorite music for offline listening, but also podcasts and entire playlists. How to save it to listen offline later? Below I write step by step what you need to do:
- Make sure you have WiFi and open the Spotify app.
- Go to the album, song, or playlist you want to save offline.
- Click on the three dots and then on the download button.
- The songs are now saved offline.
- If you listen to Spotify offline, only the downloaded music will appear in your library.
Set playback quality for Spotify offline
You can adjust the playback quality in Spotify according to your amount of storage memory. If you have a lot of free memory, you can increase the playback quality.
Your music will sound a bit nicer, with a deeper bass. Little memory? Choose a low playback quality. This is how you do this:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Click on the gear.
- Go to ‘Audio quality’.
- Scroll through to ‘Download’.
- Choose your playback quality.
Can you listen Spotify offline for free?
No, this is only possible if you have a paid Spotify Premium subscription. You also can’t use Spotify offline on your laptop. Don’t have a Premium account, but are you a bit short on your MBs?
Then you can Internet bundle adjust for me. So that you have more data next month. Besides, I have cheap sim-only plans without a device, if you’re looking for the best deal.