Got a new phone for you? You can then easily transfer contacts from your old to your new phone. Handy, because then you don’t have to do all this by hand. In this blog, you can read how to do that.
How to transfer contacts to your new phone?
There are three ways to transfer your contacts from one phone to another. Of course, you can do this by hand, but it will take a lot of time.
The advantage of this method? You immediately clear a mountain of contacts. You don’t take people you haven’t spoken to in fifteen years to your new phone.
The second way is to transfer contacts via SIM card. You can save contacts on it. You then take it with you when you exchange your old phone for one with your new phone.
The third way is the easiest to transfer contacts: via the cloud. Then you transfer the contacts automatically. An additional advantage: you can always save your contacts this way. That way you also have them when you lose your phone.
The best ways to transfer contacts via the cloud
There are several ways to transfer your contacts from your old phone to your new phone via the cloud. I’ll go through them with you.
From an iPhone to an iPhone
Are you upgrading from your old to a new iPhone, such as the iPhone 13? First, on your old iPhone, you need to sync the contacts with iCloud. This goes as follows:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Click on your name.
- Select “iCloud”.
- Set the slider behind ‘Contacts’ to green.
Your contacts are now synced with iCloud. Next, you will install your new iPhone. Log in with the same account from your old iPhone. If all goes well, the contacts will now be automatically synchronized and thus transferred.
Is everything done? Then open the ‘Telephone’ app and check whether the transfer of contacts was successful. Isn’t that the case? Then try again. Maybe something went wrong with the sync.
From an iPhone to an Android phone
Are you switching from an iPhone to an Android phone, such as the Samsung Galaxy S22? Then transferring contacts is something else. This is what you do then:
- On your old iPhone, download ‘Google Drive’ and log in.
- Go to ‘Backup’ and make a backup of your contacts there.
- When that’s done, go to ‘Accounts’ on your Android phone.
- Sign in to the same Google account.
- Synchronize your data.
The contacts are now being transferred. The same goes for other elements. So it may take a while before the contacts are on your new phone.
From an Android phone to an iPhone
Do you have a new iPhone as an upgrade to your old Android phone? Even then it is possible to transfer the contacts easily. This is how you do this:
- On your Android phone, go to the settings menu and select ‘accounts and backup’.
- Choose ‘Manage Accounts’ and sync the correct account.
- Then go back to the settings menu
- Choose ‘Google’
- Press ‘Backup’.
- When the backup is ready, grab your iPhone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Choose ‘Mail’
- Press ‘Accounts’.
- Create a new account
- Select “Google”.
- Log in and choose the data you want to transfer, such as contacts, your mail, calendars, and reminders.
From an Android phone to an Android phone
Will you switch to a phone and keep using Android? Even then you can easily transfer your contacts and other items in one go. This is how you do this:
- Open the ‘Google Drive app on your old Android phone and go to ‘Settings’.
- Back up.
- Go to ‘Accounts’ on your new Android phone.
- Add your Google Account and go to ‘Account sync’.
- Now sync your data and everything will be transferred.
Do you need inspiration for a new phone? The choice is huge. Here I have an article about phones with good cameras. And here you have five reasons to choose a Xiaomi phone.